FAQs about the MD/DC PD and/or School of Biodanza
Maybe you'll find your answer below!
There are a lot of variables but we always try to make a plan when we can!
1. What if I don't have the required 50 hours to begin the Personal Development and/or school of Biodanza?
Don't fret! You can attend workshops if possible before commencement of the school cycle and/or go to some during the cycle to get more hours. There are many scheduled around the world as well as in NYC, MD, LA and Canada. NB: a "cycle" is the 28 weekends of the school.
2. What if I don't live close enough to a weekly class and can't do a weekly practice while in the school?
This is tricky as having a weekly BIODANZA practice in a group is really, really, really important. However, the reality is that Biodanza is new in the USA and you will be a pioneer! So, once a month or so, you will organize a class of 20 people for a 4 hour event on the weekend and a facilitator will come to your city to offer, at least, a workshop. The cost of what is collected will need to pay for the flight of the facilitator and the workshop rental space/facilitator fee. You might also be asked to host the facilitator for the evening.
You can also try to attend other workshops elsewhere throughout the year. Your director will give you further details on this.
3. What if I absolutely have to miss a school weekend due to illness, death in family or some other essential event?
Life happens. You can make up that same weekend during the next cycle of the school. If you choose to go to another school to make it up, you will have to pay other that school for the weekend and forfeit your tuition at the MD/DC school. You must let the Director know as soon as you know you cannot make it.
4. What if I have begun my school elsewhere, years ago, and want to continue now?
Things have changed and so have you. You must now re-attend the school for the continuity of your learning and the harmony of your new group, but good news is that you will be paying 1/2 price for the weekends you can prove you have completed. Before school begins, please have the director of your previous school email the MD/DC director with a letter stating the needed information.
5. What if I am in another school and want to make up a weekend in the MD/DC school?
You are welcome. You pay the full price of the MD/DC school weekend tuition.
6. Are there scholarships?
At the moment, no. However, this is something the school will look into as we grow.
7. Are there other Biodanceros to stay with in MD/DC area to save money if I am coming from afar?
The school will try to hook you up with another students who may be open to housing you. Sleeping facilities will not be allowed in our weekend dance space.
8. I am not a member of the school, but wish to attend some weekends.
Good news! Some weekend will be "OPEN" meaning the general public may attend. You will pay the weekend tuition but will NOT receive a training booklet. These weekends will be very enriching! You are welcome to them!